Virtual Teaching internships for University Students
Internships are a critical piece of any university programme which is why we are delighted to be launching Virtual Internships at TEFL Trainer.
We are now offering a unique experience. Get to communicate in English, gain confidence teaching and hone skills for life by strengthening your digital communication, your technology knowledge, and your time management skills.
with the recent global pandemic we have had internships in Spain put on hold and temporarily replaced with remote work
WHAT WILL CHANGE?
Apply today and let’s get your internship organised within a week! No fees to be paid to us if you are a university student with a learning agreement: the language school where we place you pays for our recruitment and TEFL certification fees.
All you need is to be interested in teaching and ready to embrace the entirely online work environment. We understand that you may feel a little apprehensive about not being physically present during your internship. It is totally understandable. Rest assured: you will still meet your new coworkers, receive training and plenty of support. What you will gather through this remote internship is valuable work experience and professional growth, as well as TEFL Certification.
Don't worry if this is your first time navigating this environment as we conduct training webinars to help you familiarise yourself with all the technology.
Throughout your virtual internship you will learn more about self-discipline and time management. Turning up for virtual meetings in your pyjamas might sound tempting now but it is definitely not an option, at least not from the waist up.
You will learn to take initiative to manage your workload and be proactive. Demonstrating a strong work ethic is easily done online too and can leave a lasting impression. Upon completion of the Virtual Internship you will receive a breakdown of your grades provided by the language school. This can be used as a detailed reference letter.
Feedback is still key: you may feel isolated but you can always ask for extra feedback. Your colleagues and manager will assist you by providing you with regular evaluations and advice, via email, virtual meetings, or the work chat.
Remote-style working means scheduling your workload, establishing a routine, developing your work ethic, and establishing good communication with the team. Remote work before the lockdown seemed to be quite niche, but as employees across the world have transitioned to working from home, being part of this experiment as an intern will be key on your CV!
"Fewer interruptions from coworkers", "Increased productivity" but "Missing the office" are only some of the examples of feedback received from those having transitioned in the past couple of months to working from home during their internship and the 2020 lockdown.
- Interested in completing a comprehensive TEFL Certification programme this summer or during the upcoming academic year, 2020/2021 (Semester 1 and/or 2)?
- Apply now for one of our Virtual TEFL Internships, and as a native or proficient speaker of English, French, and/or Spanish.
- Ask your Erasmus Coordinator for the university requirements. We are flexible! (Minimum 1 month. Maximum 9 months)
- If the lockdown ends before your internship starts or ends, you will be able to jump on a plane and complete your internship in Spain! The internships are conducted in language schools who are ready to receive you on-site too.
A new work environment
- Staying connected with your team during a virtual internship will require integrating into company culture and networking with colleagues, online, and from day 1.
- A virtual internship is a valuable opportunity for professional growth as it will show flexibility, tech savviness, time management skills, and great communication abilities.
- You will learn about new communication channels such as Work Chats or Video Conferencing Software, but also workflow through Cloud-based drives, Software automation and Productivity tools, as well as setting up a work space at home (camera, microphone etc).
How much will it cost?
No fees to us
By applying directly through us and completing an internship in one of our partner schools, you will have no recruitment or certification fees to pay.
This is true if you are a university student with a learning agreement.
Please note that if you are already a graduate and wish to complete this programme, you will need to sign up for the Premium Course option: request a call back when in doubt! We are here to inform and advise.
Apply here now! Great! Let's get started:
Our interviews are informal and informative!
Still have some questions? Talk to us!
Our calls are informal and informative!