Virtual Teaching internships open to all
Internships are a critical piece of any university programme which is why we are delighted to be launching Virtual Internships at TEFL Trainer. But professional development is something everyone can benefit from, especially when looking to pivot in your career.
That is why we are now offering a unique experience. Get to communicate in English, gain confidence teaching and hone skills for life by strengthening your digital communication, your technology knowledge, and your time management skills as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language.
with the global pandemic we have fewer internships in Spain and more remote opportunities
WHAT WILL CHANGE?
Apply today and let’s get your virtual internship organised within a week! No fees to be paid to us: the language school where we place you pays for our recruitment and TEFL certification fees upon completion of your virtual internship.
All you need is to be interested in teaching and ready to embrace the entirely online work environment. We understand that you may feel a little apprehensive about not being physically present during your internship. It is totally understandable. Rest assured: you will still meet your new coworkers, receive training and plenty of support. What you will gather through this remote internship is valuable teaching experience and professional growth, as well as accredited TEFL Certification.
Don't worry if this is your first time navigating this environment as we conduct 52 live training webinars a year, to help you familiarise yourself with all the technology and materials involved.
Throughout your virtual internship you will learn more about self-discipline and time management. Turning up for virtual meetings in your pyjamas might sound tempting now but it is definitely not an option, at least not from the waist up.
You will learn to take initiative to manage your workload and be proactive. Demonstrating a strong work ethic is easily done online too and can leave a lasting impression. Upon completion of the Virtual Internship you will receive a breakdown of your grades provided by the language school. This can be used as a detailed reference letter.
Feedback is still key: you may feel isolated but you can always ask for extra feedback. Your colleagues and manager will assist you by providing you with regular evaluations and advice, via email, virtual meetings, or the work chat.
Remote-style working means scheduling your workload, establishing a routine, developing your work ethic, and establishing good communication with the team. Remote work before the lockdown seemed to be quite niche, but as employees across the world have transitioned to working from home, being part of this experiment as an intern will be key on your CV!
"Fewer interruptions from coworkers", "Increased productivity" but "Missing the office" are only some of the examples of feedback received from those having transitioned in the past couple of months to working from home during their internship and the 2020 lockdown.
- Interested in completing a comprehensive TEFL Certification programme during a month or during the upcoming academic semester 2?
- Apply now for one of our Virtual TEFL Internships, and as a native or proficient speaker of English, French, and/or Spanish.
- If you are a student, ask your Erasmus Coordinator for the university requirements. We are flexible! (Minimum 1 month. Maximum 9 months)
- If you are not a university student you will be given an online training agreement.
A new work environment
- Staying connected with your team during a virtual internship will require integrating into company culture and networking with colleagues, online, and from day 1.
- A virtual internship is a valuable opportunity for professional growth as it will show flexibility, tech savviness, time management skills, and great communication abilities.
- You will learn about new communication channels such as Work Chats or Video Conferencing Software, but also workflow through Cloud-based drives, Software automation and Productivity tools, as well as setting up a work space at home (camera, microphone etc).
How much will it cost?
No fees to us
By applying directly through us and completing an internship in one of our partner schools, you will have no recruitment or certification fees to pay.
Ready? Great, let's get started:
Our interviews are informal and informative!
Still have some questions? Talk to us!
Our calls are informal and informative!