Spain internship destinations 2019-2020
for TEFL Internships Spain & Erasmus+ internships in Spain
Who can apply?
Interested in completing a comprehensive TEFL Certification programme this year or next year? Apply now for one of our TEFL Internships Spain. You can apply, as an EU passport holder (we also have some internships for non EU passport holders), and as a native or proficient speaker of English, French, and/or Spanish:
- as a university student: during your gap year or Erasmus+ year abroad, you can receive funding through your university and the Erasmus+ grant system. Generally the length of the TEFL Internship is dictated by your degree and the university. We are flexible! (Minimum 2 months. Maximum 9 months: ask your Erasmus Coordinator).
- as a non student: please click here as requirements and terms & conditions differ.
We have numerous TEFL Internship start dates throughout the year. So please contact us for more details: email@example.com
What can you achieve with our TEFL Certification Internships? Erasmus+ internships are a great way to achieve:
- Accredited TEFL Certification with our 2- to 9-month TEFL Internships. (Variable lengths of TEFL internships depending on the University requirements).
- Extensive subject knowledge: General and Academic English Teaching, classroom management and methodology.
- TEFL Classroom experience (1-to-1 and reduced groups, depending on location): with your 30 hours per week of teaching and between 1 and 10 hours of studying.
So what is the difference between TEFL Internships for students and for non students?
- There is a reduced admin fee for Erasmus+ students (discounted to £25 > ask for your discount code once accepted on the programme). This fee is 100% optional as once we create your student file with all your university forms we generate FREE logins for you. Please note that you have to be an Erasmus student when on the internship, with a university agreement. There is a higher fee for non Erasmus students and Graduates.
- The length of the teaching internship varies. It is generally between 2 and 9 months long for Erasmus students. To be discussed during the interview stage.
- For non students our crash courses offer 20 hours of webinars and classroom-based workshops for further teaching practice.
TEFL Internships Spain: CÓRDOBA
Why choose Córdoba for your Erasmus+ internship?
Situated in the very heart of Andalucía and dating back to 35,000 BC, Córdoba is a city bursting with an incredible array of monuments. It’s an absolute dream for anyone in love with Roman history as well as the spectacular legacy left behind by the Moors and the Jewish community. They don’t call it the city of three cultures for nothing! Just a quick look around the atmospheric Jewish quarter or strolling along the bustling palm and citrus tree-lined boulevards will give you a feel for what this city is about: vibrancy, culture and tradition.
Córdoba is also a compact, relaxed and liveable city. You can walk it in less in half an hour and enjoy many local festivals throughout the year. As well as the city itself having a lot to offer, the countryside that surrounds Córdoba is a must-visit for nature lovers, where you can spot many different types of local wildlife – the Iberian Lynx being one local species – as well a enjoying hiking trips, bike rides and horse riding.
You will be teaching in the very centre of Córdoba, a stone’s throw away from the most important amenities, monuments and shops.
TEFL Internships Spain: MADRID
Why choose Madrid?
According to recent consulting reports, the cost of living in Madrid is still generally lower than that of most major European cities. This is a key factor in the lifestyle and quality of life standards for the student community. Madrid is a very densely populated city and parking is a problem. However, the public transportation system is excellent. Buses, metro, as well as relatively inexpensive taxis make it easy to get around. There are several underground and metropolitan lines, each identified by a number and colour.
You will be teaching in one of these 2 well located neighbourhoods just outside of Madrid:
- Alcalá de Henares: just outside of Madrid
- Getafe: just outside of Madrid
TEFL Internships Spain: BARCELONA
Why choose Barcelona?
In Barcelona, public transport is excellent; metro, buses and comparatively reasonably priced taxis make it easy to get around. There are underground lines and metropolitan lines, easy to identify. The cost of living in Barcelona is still generally quite low for a big city. This is a key factor in your day to day. Indeed, in recent years the city has become a magnet for students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Do keep in mind that prices in Barcelona vary substantially from one district to the next. In any case, we strongly advise that you plan your budget wisely and book your accommodation in advance.
The host schools are in the following neighbourhoods of Barcelona:
- Eixample (Metro: Paseo de Gracia)
- Sant Antoni (Metro: Universitat)
- La Sagrera (Metro: La Sagrera)
- La Sagrada Familia (Metro: Sagrada Familia)
TEFL Internships Spain: VALENCIA
Why choose Valencia?
Valencia, the third largest city in Spain, experiences a hot-summer Mediterranean climate with Semi-arid climate influences. Also Valencia’s old town, el barrio del Carmen, is one of the most popular areas of the city. It is where much of Valencia’s nightlife takes place, along with the trendy area of Ruzafa. It is also where a wealth of interesting history and architecture can be found. In addition running through the heart of Valencia is the dried out riverbed of the River Turia. Besides, this space stretches for 9 km and offers a wealth of green tranquility at the heart of the city. Many of Valencia’s most popular attractions are also in the riverbed, for instance this is where the famous City of Art and Sciences is – a cultural centre spanning 2km and 5 large buildings. It also includes Valencia’s science museum and Valencia’s aquarium.
We have partner language schools in these central areas of Valencia:
- El Pla del Real (student area near Metro Facultats)
TEFL Internships Spain: BILBAO
Why choose Bilbao for your TEFL course and internship?
Bilbao has 8 areas: Deusto, Uribarri, Otxarkoaga-Txurdinaga, Begoña, Ibaiondo, Abando, Errekalde and Basurto-Zorroza. Each of these districts is subdivided into neighbourhoods (35 in total). Most of the city is pedestrian friendly. Bilbao offers a good quality of living for students looking for a unique experience during their Erasmus+.
Bilbao is the economic centre of the Basque Country as you may see through its many headquarters of companies of national and international relevance – and its historical martial traffic and portray activity. Bilbao has a support as it appears in the top 5 ports of Spain. This area is called Arenal.
More famous landmarks include the Guggenheim Museum, which is located by the River banks of the Nervión.
Location of the internship:
You will be teaching in the very centre of Getxo, a stone’s throw away from the sea but also important amenities and shops.
TEFL Internships Spain: SALAMANCA
Why choose Salamanca for your TEFL course and internship?
In order to apply for a TEFL internship in Spain, please:
- send us your updated CV and a brief CL (make sure your phone number is also updated and contains the country code),
- specify your preferred destination(s) and potential starting date(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org