Our Standard Terms and Conditions
By purchasing any of our courses, you understand and agree to the following Terms and Conditions. Please contact TEFL Trainer if you have any questions regarding our standard Terms and Conditions.
- TEFL Trainer reserves the right to change any of the prices, services, or other particulars contained on the website at any time.
- If you have purchased an online or combined course (i.e. crash course), you are not entitled to a refund due to digital content being downloadable.
Online Courses and Crash Courses
- You cannot get a refund on online courses or crash courses. By purchasing any of our courses, you understand, agree to the following Terms and Conditions and have acknowledged that your right to cancel your course and receive a refund will be lost.
Course Type and Duration
- Any of our Online TEFL Courses: Nine calendar months.
- 1-week crash course in Madrid: Nine calendar months for access to the platform and to complete the 6 Skype sessions with a TEFL Trainer.
- If you need a course extension, this can be arranged. Please send an email to email@example.com in order to buy the extension specifying the extension option below and your account information.
Length of Extension and Extension Fee
- One week: £10
- One month: £25
- Two months: £40
- Three months: £50
Failing the Course
- In most cases, students pass the online course. However, if you have not assimilated the content of the course sufficiently then you may be failed (60% is required to pass). In these cases no certificate will be issued. In case of failure, you would need to pay £25 in order to retake the Online Course or the Advanced Online Course final exams or £15 for the Specialist or Grammar Course final exams.
- If you do not have the required level of English to complete any of the courses, we reserve the right to fail you without expectation of a refund. As a guide we recommend that non-native speakers have a minimum Cambridge level 4, CEFR level B2 or IELTS 6.5 score.
Requirements to obtain Advanced TEFL certification (Advanced Certificate):
- Submit 6 x 400-word reflective diaries,
- Pass the 6 final exams (with a minimum of 60%), and, 2 options apply for the 3rd block:
- a/ Complete your teaching internship in a partner school (between the dates agreed). If you have been expelled from the teaching internship, or if the end date has been brought forward, you will need to submit 6 lesson plans in lieu of teaching practice. OR
- b/ Submit 6 lesson plans (for online users and crash course students).
For us, plagiarism is copying verbatim or almost word by word from any of other students and/or from other online sources. We agree it's acceptable to search and look for answers from the internet and share ideas with other students, but your answers must be your own work. That is; adapted to your particular idea/s so as for you to demonstrate that you are able to mould and change an activity etc. to fit your own words and needs.
The examples and information provided on the website are resources you are encouraged to read to widen your knowledge but when applying these to your own work, they must be changed and adapted to your own words and interpretation. This is important to take into account before submitting your 6 reflective diaries and lesson plans.
If a student plagiarises, he/she will be given a warning, but if the plagiarism continues you may fail the course without a refund.
Requirements to obtain our TEFL Certificate:
- Pass the course with a minimum of 60% overall. All 3 learning blocks must be completed.
Complaints and Appeals
- Students have the right to appeal against given during the course for written assessments or testing. In the first instance, you must contact TEFL Trainer at firstname.lastname@example.org and outline clearly your reasons for grievance. Under no circumstances does TEFL Trainer accept responsibility or liability for the teaching internships (teaching practice). If you are expelled from the internship you must voice your grievance to the language school.
- We promise to acknowledge your complaint or grievance within seven working days of receipt.
- You must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract at the time to us and give us the opportunity to arrive at a satisfactory solution.
- Every endeavor is made to ensure that certificates reach the language school the successful student has been placed in for the teaching internship, within 7 days of completion of the course. The breakdown of the grade is also sent by email and within 7 days of completion of the course. TEFL Trainer, however, cannot be responsible for certificates that are not received due to postal issues. If you have not received your certificate within 21 days of passing your course, please contact TEFL Trainer for assistance.
- All students can request a new certificate to replace a lost certificate for the postage and administrative fee of £12. This fee includes second class postage and packaging, and standard international mail respectively. Tracked international mail can be arranged for a higher fee - please enquire. If the student requires alternative postal arrangements, this will solely be at the cost of the student.
- We do not offer apostille or authentication of documents.
- TEFL Trainer does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services, weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods, sickness or force majeure. Such losses or additional expenses are your responsibility. Force majeure represents unusual and unforeseeable circumstances such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
- TEFL Trainer does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the application form. Any claims shall be subject to British law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the sole domain of the British courts.
- Under no circumstances does TEFL Trainer accept responsibility or liability for loss of personal possessions while attending the course.
- TEFL Trainer does not accept responsibility or liability for any other event which may affect you or your course.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- By paying for a course on the website you are agreeing to accept all these conditions. The person who clicks on any course start and/or payment buttons, does so on the behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.