PREMIUM TEFL COURSE
Get you ready to Teach English Online & Anywhere in the World:
Some TEFL Theory & lots of Practice will determine your level of Knowledge and Confidence as a Teacher. What makes us different and how will this impact you? With our course you will:
- Become fully employable in teaching
- Gain the confidence you need to lead your classroom successfully
- Get that crucial first-hand experience that will land you your first paid job
- and you can do this in 30 days!
“This TEFL Course was truly helpful, instructive, and well organized. The course is not only theoretical, but it is combined with teaching practice. My questions were answered very quickly if not immediately by Julia Mattey. I am very grateful for her constant support, guidance and help.”
What you will learn:
SKILLS AND SYSTEMS OF ENGLISH
TO TEACH ONLINE & OFFLINE
TO TEACH ADULTS & KIDS
HOW TO BEST COMPLETE THE COURSE (AND SUPPLEMENT IT!) – LIVE WEBINAR WITH JULIA
TO MARKET YOURSELF – LIVE WEBINAR WITH JULIA
YOUR NICHE – LIVE WEBINAR WITH JULIA
GREAT TEACHING MATERIALS
A STRAIGHTFORWARD APPROACH
160-HOUR PREMIUM COURSE WITH 3 LIVE WEBINARS WITH JULIA (from @LearnEnglishwithJulia)! Sign up now with early bird discount
You then have 12 months to complete the online part of the course
Get TEFL Certified at your own Pace
160-hour TEFL Certificate
- Ideal for those with no or little Teaching Experience but also experienced teachers looking to formalise their knowledge and endorse their hours of teaching.
- 100% Online and Flexible (including pre-recorded Webinars, 100s of Video Tutorials, and 1000s of interactive Quiz Questions).
- Self-study: choose your topics and prepare your assignments at your own pace.
- Teaching Experience through Lesson Planning.
- Average Completion Time: 3 to 6 months.
- 6 Final Exams Online, 6 Lesson Plans, & 6 Reflective Diaries
- Fully Accredited Level 5 TEFL Certificate
- Optional 1to1 and reduced groups Teaching to students online: Hours validated on Certificate. This option requires applying by sending us your CV (Virtual Internships).
- When combined with teaching practice: Grading Sheet provided upon successful completion of the Course (can be used as a Recommendation Letter). We can sometimes act as referees during job applications to ensure successful Job Placements.
- 3 LIVE WEBINARS WITH JULIA IN 2023 – get the early bird discount by signing up now!
The most comprehensive Accredited Online TEFL Course
Get the right mix of Theory and Practice
This accredited 160-hour Online TEFL Course includes:
- 120-hour TEFL Certification Course, online + 40 hours of assignments.
- Pre-recorded Q&A Webinars where lesson plans and reflective diaries are discussed. This is to ensure that you have complete understanding of the tenets of TEFL in practice – to complete within 12 months from starting the course.
- These pre-recorded webinars are workshops designed to practise lesson planning in a virtual classroom, and conducted by TEFL Trainer. They are designed to support our students further with lesson planning and teaching resources. Webinars cover: teaching General English, teaching Business English, teaching Exam Preparation, as well as Teaching English online.
- 6 online exams to complete, as part of the summative and final evaluation of our Online TEFL Course, within 12 months from starting the course.
- 6 lesson plans to submit to TEFL Trainer within 12 months from starting the course.
- 6 reflective diaries (400 words each) to submit to TEFL Trainer within 12 months from starting the course.
- 20-hour specialist modules: How to teach young learners, How to teach Business English, How to teach Exam Preparation, and How to Teach Online. If you wish to validate any of these specialist modules you will need to submit 2 lesson plans for each. These are all optional but included in your Premium Course with us.
- Further online support via email.
- A PDF copy of your Certificate upon completion of the programme and reception of the 6 reflective diaries, 6 lesson plans, and completion of the 6 final exams. All learning blocks must be completed within 12 months from signing up, in order for you to receive your TEFL Certificate. When combined with teaching practice we will also send you an email with the breakdown of your grade.
How much will it cost?
YOU CAN ALSO PAY IN INSTALMENTS THANKS TO PAYPAL!
Value for Money: Having had our Course materials and recruitment and assessment processes validated and regulated means that our Certificate is not only accredited but also internationally recognised.
This unique format (available with the premium online course of 160 hours) contains pre-recorded collaborative Webinars further personalising the Course, making it relevant, and dynamic.
A great guide is provided to you upon signing up. It contains pointers on Lesson Planning if you wish to further practise for the classroom.
Whether through email or our forum, you will be part of our TEFL Community and supported throughout your Course and teaching Career. + Our Student Handbook: A great guide is provided to you upon signing up. It contains pointers on Lesson Planning if you wish to further practise for the classroom.
Sign up to our Newsletter and receive our latest Blog Posts straight in your Inbox. Stay informed and grow throughout your teaching career. Our blog posts are a combination of diaries and resources.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY ABOUT US
A unique Course
- FAQ -
The overall aim of TEFL TRAINER’s accredited online TEFL Course is to make you very knowledgeable in all course types and levels, ensure that you have a high level of language awareness (phonetics and grammar: getting up to speed with these language systems is key), and that you know how to deliver a structured, enjoyable, and effective class.
This sound introduction to the world of teaching is paramount for a successful career in TEFL.
- You just need to be a proficient user of English to apply.
- You need a laptop, a good internet connection and Skype.
- We offer our TEFL Certification Course to students and graduates alike, no limit of age.
- No prior qualification or experience in teaching is required.
- High level of English (native or B2+ non-native levels are welcome), determination, and willingness to learn are the requirements.
- Regardless of the online TEFL Course you select, we recommend a phone call to run through the Student Handbook you receive upon signing up.
- We are also always available by email to provide support and guidance.
- Accredited TEFL Certification.
- Extensive subject knowledge: General and Academic English Teaching, classroom management and methodology.
- TEFL Classroom experience (Live Webinars with Lesson Planning).
- You have access to the Course for 12 months from signing up.
- The 160-hour Course takes 3 to 6 months to complete (120-hour Course + 20-hour Specialist Course + Collaborative Webinars + 12 Assignments).
- This course can take between anything between 50 and 140 hours, depending on your prior knowledge of English, on whether you have taught before or not, as well as your level of perfectionism.
- During the Webinars you will be showcasing your Lesson Plans to the group.
- Webinars are collaborative and can last between 20 and 40 minutes.
The main challenge(s) you are likely to be faced with are:
- the workload unless combined with mentoring and webinars: book your welcome call to run through a timeline and strategy with your TEFL Trainer and mentor.
- the new lingo: rest assured you can complete the course at your own pace and repeat certain modules thanks to the way that the course progression is unlocked and the practice quizzes can be done several times each.
- From your introduction call to your final assignment, you will be supported by your TEFL Trainer and mentor.
- In order to build your knowledge base and teaching skills to become a confident and effective teacher for your students, the Webinars and the Workshops will further support you and challenge you.
- The unique Course structure means that you will learn through Theory and Practice, about General English but also Exam Preparation classes and Business English classes.
- You can start any day of the year.
- We have a calendar booking system (based on Spanish time) at your disposal, to book your live sessions by selecting the Webinars you wish to attend.
- The combination of pre-recorded webinars, first-hand practice (assignments) and distance activities make our blended learning extremely effective.
- So this is a great online TEFL course for learners of English and for future TEFL professionals (teachers and coordinators) as it comes with units on Methodology and Lesson Planning (ideal for self-study and teaching).
- You will learn about a system of methods you can use or mistakes to avoid in the classroom. Language and Level units are designed to give you a better understanding of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Language Learning, Teaching, and Assessment) and help you identify and address common mistakes made by learners of English. The Classroom Management units will give you some insight into disciplinary problems, motivation and organisation in the classroom.
First of all the Online part of our TEFL Course comprises a complete Grammar Course, Methodology Units, Language and Levels Units, and Classroom Management Units.
The study programme focuses on the most essential TEFL skills and is considered a complete and advanced course.
This online TEFL course lasts 140 hours when spending 40 to 60 minutes on each grammar point and an average of 60 minutes on each of the other chapters contained in the other units (Language and Levels, Methodology, and Classroom Management). We would not recommend completing this course in less time!
In short, our professional video tutorials, explaining TEFL essentials point by point, using plain English and lingo, enable you to gradually acquire the “metalanguage” (lingo of Grammar) and other jargon, as well as good subject knowledge. You will learn everything you need to know to Teach English Grammar (Teaching English as a Foreign Language – TEFL). The videos are supplemented by interactive exercises and text you can read online.
- TEFL Trainer strives to support you to develop your teaching skills and subject knowledge. 95% of our students that complete their Course. pass
- The 5% drop out or failure rate can be explained by a change in personal circumstances or due to a range of other factors.
- We receive applications from candidates from numerous fields of study, ages, and countries.
- Also, on our programme, we have people that are seeking a radical change in career in their late 30s and 40s, as well as recently graduated 20/25-year olds looking to use their language skills and learn a profession.
- Although most of the videos on our website reflect the younger age bracket, we have to stress that it is solely because they were the only ones that were not camera shy the day we shot the testimonials!
TEFL Trainer’s accredited TEFL Courses all contain the following three learning block.
BLOCK 1: online (140 hours of videos, text, and interactive exercises):
- A/ Basics of Teaching: an introduction to TEFL.
- B/ Phonetics: a comprehensive unit to understand the IPA and start using it to teach phonology and pronunciation.
- C/ Grammar: a thorough review of word classes, functions, and more. Example below!
- D/ TEFL language and levels units, to start planning your lessons.
- E/ TEFL Practice units.
- F/ Classroom Management theory.
- G/ Methodology units.
- H/ TEFL Job Interview Preparation units, and
- I/ 6 final exams (on Chapters A, B, C, D, E, and F).
BLOCK 2: assignments (6 reflective diaries)
- 6 reflective diaries
- 400 words each
- 100 subjects to choose from
- a first draft can be submitted to receive feedback
- grading grid and guidelines provided
- each diary can be submitted in the form of a video blog or “vlog”
BLOCK 3: assignments (6 lesson plans)
- 6 lesson plans with hand outs / annexes
- 50+ subjects to choose from
- a first draft can be submitted to receive feedback
- grading grid and guidelines provided
- each lesson plan can be submitted in the form of a powerpoint presentation or a video blog or “vlog”
Your certificate is obtained and graded as follows:
- Online course: 30% of final grade,
- Reflective Diaries: 30% of final grade, and
- Lesson Plans: 40% of final grade.
- You must obtain a minimum of 60% in each of the 3 learning blocks.